Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. If a member of staff asks to join my pension scheme during the postponement period, when do I start paying money into the scheme?
- Q. How do I choose a pension scheme?
- Q. We put a member of staff who earns over £10,000 and who is nearing the state pension age into our pension scheme. What happens to this member of staff once they reach state pension age?
- Q. How often do we need to check to see if staff who don’t need to be put into a pension scheme still remain in that category?
- Q. Do I need to put a staff member into a pension scheme when they meet the earnings threshold on a one off basis eg as a result of a bonus?
- Q. Someone else is helping me with the automatic enrolment process, can they be sent information about what needs to be done?
- Q. What is Automatic Enrolment?
- Q. What records do I have to keep?
- Q. Does Automatic Enrolment apply to me?
- Q. I thought I had done everything, I didn’t realise that I needed to complete a declaration?