Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. We put a member of staff who earns over £10,000 and who is nearing the state pension age into our pension scheme. What happens to this member of staff once they reach state pension age?
- Q. I have a member of staff on maternity leave, do I still need to put them into a scheme?
- Q. Can a member of staff who must be put into a pension scheme ask to leave the scheme before being put into one?
- Q. I thought I had done everything, I didn’t realise that I needed to complete a declaration?
- Q. I’m a new employer. What if I pay my staff less than £120 per week and/or don’t have a PAYE scheme. Does automatic enrolment still apply to me?
- Q. As an employer, who do I need to put into a pension scheme?
- Q. Can we delay working out who to put into a pension scheme more than once?
- Q. A staff member has handed in their notice although they have just started earning over £833 a month - do I need to put them into a pension scheme and make contributions?
- Q. If a member of staff met the earnings threshold once during the postponement period as result of fluctuating earnings do they have to be put into a pension scheme?
- Q. Does Automatic Enrolment apply to me?