Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. Can a staff member who has been automatically enrolled leave the pension scheme after one calendar month?
- Q. As an employer, who do I need to put into a pension scheme?
- Q. What if I don't employ any eligible staff?
- Q. Can a member of staff who must be put into a pension scheme ask to leave the scheme before being put into one?
- Q. What happens if a member of staff who I've put into a pension scheme earns less than £192 a week (£833 a month) in a future pay period?
- Q. If a member of staff’s earnings are £192 a week or less, must they be put into a pension scheme?
- Q. What records do I have to keep?
- Q. Do contributions have to continue once a member of staff has been put into a pension scheme, but their earnings drop below the earnings threshold for automatic enrolment?
- Q. Do I need to put a staff member into a pension scheme when they meet the earnings threshold on a one off basis eg as a result of a bonus?
- Q. If a member of staff asks to join my pension scheme during the postponement period, when do I start paying money into the scheme?