Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. What if my staff members meet the criteria to be put into a pension scheme, but they don’t want to be put into one?
- Q. What if none of my staff earn over £10,000 per year, £833 per month or £192 per week?
- Q. I’m a new employer. What if I pay my staff less than £120 per week and/or don’t have a PAYE scheme. Does automatic enrolment still apply to me?
- Q. Do contributions have to continue once a member of staff has been put into a pension scheme, but their earnings drop below the earnings threshold for automatic enrolment?
- Q. How do I choose a pension scheme?
- Q. What is the regulator's role in relation to automatic enrolment?
- Q. Can we delay working out who to put into a pension scheme more than once?
- Q. As an employer, who do I need to put into a pension scheme?
- Q. Can a member of staff who must be put into a pension scheme ask to leave the scheme before being put into one?
- Q. Can a staff member who has been automatically enrolled leave the pension scheme after one calendar month?