Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. Can a member of staff who must be put into a pension scheme ask to leave the scheme before being put into one?
- Q. Can a staff member who has been automatically enrolled leave the pension scheme after one calendar month?
- Q. Why haven't I received any correspondence from The Pensions Regulator?
- Q. As an employer, who do I need to put into a pension scheme?
- Q. A staff member has handed in their notice although they have just started earning over £833 a month - do I need to put them into a pension scheme and make contributions?
- Q. Do I have to tell the regulator that I’ll be delaying working out who to put into a pension scheme?
- Q. Do contributions have to continue once a member of staff has been put into a pension scheme, but their earnings drop below the earnings threshold for automatic enrolment?
- Q. If a member of staff asks to join my pension scheme during the postponement period, when do I start paying money into the scheme?
- Q. Can we delay working out who to put into a pension scheme more than once?
- Q. How often do we need to check to see if staff who don’t need to be put into a pension scheme still remain in that category?