Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. If a member of staff asks to leave a pension scheme, can they ask to join again?
- Q. What happens if a member of staff who I've put into a pension scheme earns less than £192 a week (£833 a month) in a future pay period?
- Q. How do I choose a pension scheme?
- Q. What is Automatic Enrolment?
- Q. I’m a new employer. What if I pay my staff less than £118 per week and/or don’t have a PAYE scheme. Does automatic enrolment still apply to me?
- Q. If a member of staff asks to join my pension scheme during the postponement period, when do I start paying money into the scheme?
- Q. Can we delay working out who to put into a pension scheme more than once?
- Q. How do I nominate a contact?
- Q. If a member of staff met the earnings threshold once during the postponement period as result of fluctuating earnings do they have to be put into a pension scheme?
- Q. Do contributions have to continue once a member of staff has been put into a pension scheme, but their earnings drop below the earnings threshold for automatic enrolment?