Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. Can a staff member who has been automatically enrolled leave the pension scheme after one calendar month?
- Q. I have staff who are on a probation period, can I change my duties start date until the end of their probation period?
- Q. I’m going to be a new employer, what do I need to do and by when?
- Q. A staff member has handed in their notice although they have just started earning over £833 a month - do I need to put them into a pension scheme and make contributions?
- Q. Who does automatic enrolment apply to?
- Q. If a member of staff asks to join my pension scheme during the postponement period, when do I start paying money into the scheme?
- Q. Someone else is helping me with the automatic enrolment process, can they be sent information about what needs to be done?
- Q. Can I delegate the process of automatic enrolment?
- Q. Do the automatic enrolment duties apply to charities?
- Q. What happens if a member of staff who I've put into a pension scheme earns less than £192 a week (£833 a month) in a future pay period?