Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. One of my staff has a second job with a different employer; do I have to take this into account when assessing them?
- Q. I’m going to be a new employer, what do I need to do and by when?
- Q. I have a member of staff who wasn’t put into a pension scheme on my duties start date as he wasn’t earning enough. This month he worked overtime and he earnt over £833 but next month he will earn less than this. What do I do?
- Q. I’m a new employer. What if I pay my staff less than £120 per week and/or don’t have a PAYE scheme. Does automatic enrolment still apply to me?
- Q. Do contributions have to continue once a member of staff has been put into a pension scheme, but their earnings drop below the earnings threshold for automatic enrolment?
- Q. What is Automatic Enrolment?
- Q. What happens if a member of staff who I've put into a pension scheme earns less than £192 a week (£833 a month) in a future pay period?
- Q. Can a member of staff who must be put into a pension scheme ask to leave the scheme before being put into one?
- Q. I thought I had done everything, I didn’t realise that I needed to complete a declaration?
- Q. If a member of staff met the earnings threshold once during the postponement period as result of fluctuating earnings do they have to be put into a pension scheme?