Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. What if I don't employ any eligible staff?
- Q. What records do I have to keep?
- Q. Who will I have duties for as an employer?
- Q. Does Automatic Enrolment apply to me?
- Q. As an employer, who do I need to put into a pension scheme?
- Q. If a member of staff met the earnings threshold once during the postponement period as result of fluctuating earnings do they have to be put into a pension scheme?
- Q. Do I need to put a staff member into a pension scheme when they meet the earnings threshold on a one off basis eg as a result of a bonus?
- Q. How often do we need to check to see if staff who don’t need to be put into a pension scheme still remain in that category?
- Q. Do I have to tell the regulator that I’ll be delaying working out who to put into a pension scheme?
- Q. I’m a new employer. What if I pay my staff less than £118 per week and/or don’t have a PAYE scheme. Does automatic enrolment still apply to me?