Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. How often do we need to check to see if staff who don’t need to be put into a pension scheme still remain in that category?
- Q. I’m a new employer. What if I pay my staff less than £120 per week and/or don’t have a PAYE scheme. Does automatic enrolment still apply to me?
- Q. What if my staff members meet the criteria to be put into a pension scheme, but they don’t want to be put into one?
- Q. Do I have to tell the regulator that I’ll be delaying working out who to put into a pension scheme?
- Q. Does Automatic Enrolment apply to me?
- Q. What is Automatic Enrolment?
- Q. Who will I have duties for as an employer?
- Q. I’m going to be a new employer, what do I need to do and by when?
- Q. What if none of my staff earn over £10,000 per year, £833 per month or £192 per week?
- Q. Do I need to put a staff member into a pension scheme when they meet the earnings threshold on a one off basis eg as a result of a bonus?