Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. Do I need to set up a pension scheme if none of my staff need to be put into one?
- Q. Can a member of staff ask to leave a pension scheme after the opt out window?
- Q. I have a member of staff who wasn’t put into a pension scheme on my duties start date as he wasn’t earning enough. This month he worked overtime and he earnt over £833 but next month he will earn less than this. What do I do?
- Q. We put a member of staff who earns over £10,000 and who is nearing the state pension age into our pension scheme. What happens to this member of staff once they reach state pension age?
- Q. When can we use postponement?
- Q. How do I nominate a contact?
- Q. A staff member has handed in their notice although they have just started earning over £833 a month - do I need to put them into a pension scheme and make contributions?
- Q. What if I don't employ any eligible staff?
- Q. What if none of my staff earn over £10,000 per year, £833 per month or £192 per week?
- Q. Can a staff member who has been automatically enrolled leave the pension scheme after one calendar month?