Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. Which tasks do I need to carry out if I don’t have staff that need to be put into a pension scheme?
- Q. What if my staff members meet the criteria to be put into a pension scheme, but they don’t want to be put into one?
- Q. One of my staff has a second job with a different employer; do I have to take this into account when assessing them?
- Q. How do I nominate a contact?
- Q. Can a member of staff who must be put into a pension scheme ask to leave the scheme before being put into one?
- Q. I have a member of staff on maternity leave, do I still need to put them into a scheme?
- Q. I have a member of staff who wasn’t put into a pension scheme on my duties start date as he wasn’t earning enough. This month he worked overtime and he earnt over £833 but next month he will earn less than this. What do I do?
- Q. If a member of staff’s earnings are £192 a week or less, must they be put into a pension scheme?
- Q. What if none of my staff earn over £10,000 per year, £833 per month or £192 per week?
- Q. We put a member of staff who earns over £10,000 and who is nearing the state pension age into our pension scheme. What happens to this member of staff once they reach state pension age?