Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. Can a staff member who has been automatically enrolled leave the pension scheme?
- Q. What if my staff members meet the criteria to be put into a pension scheme, but they don’t want to be put into one?
- Q. We put a member of staff who earns over £10,000 and who is nearing the state pension age into our pension scheme. What happens to this member of staff once they reach state pension age?
- Q. What if I don't employ any eligible staff?
- Q. Can a member of staff who must be put into a pension scheme ask to leave the scheme before being put into one?
- Q. If a member of staff’s earnings are £192 a week or less, must they be put into a pension scheme?
- Q. I’m going to be a new employer, what do I need to do and by when?
- Q. Do I need to put a staff member into a pension scheme when they meet the earnings threshold on a one off basis eg as a result of a bonus?
- Q. As an employer, who do I need to put into a pension scheme?
- Q. I have staff who are on a probation period, can I change my duties start date until the end of their probation period?