Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. Who will I have duties for as an employer?
- Q. What happens if a member of staff who I've put into a pension scheme earns less than £192 a week (£833 a month) in a future pay period?
- Q. If a member of staff met the earnings threshold once during the postponement period as result of fluctuating earnings do they have to be put into a pension scheme?
- Q. Can we delay working out who to put into a pension scheme more than once?
- Q. If a member of staff asks to leave a pension scheme, can they ask to join again?
- Q. Why haven't I received any correspondence from The Pensions Regulator?
- Q. I thought I had done everything, I didn’t realise that I needed to complete a declaration?
- Q. Do I need to put a staff member into a pension scheme when they meet the earnings threshold on a one off basis eg as a result of a bonus?
- Q. If a member of staff asks to join my pension scheme during the postponement period, when do I start paying money into the scheme?
- Q. My school status has changed to an academy (or foundation school) - what does this mean for automatic enrolment?