Automatic enrolment questions and answers
Most popular questions - General
- Q. As an employer, who do I need to put into a pension scheme?
- Q. Who will I have duties for as an employer?
- Q. If a member of staff asks to join my pension scheme during the postponement period, when do I start paying money into the scheme?
- Q. How often do we need to check to see if staff who don’t need to be put into a pension scheme still remain in that category?
- Q. Can I delegate the process of automatic enrolment?
- Q. Can we delay working out who to put into a pension scheme more than once?
- Q. Do I need to put a staff member into a pension scheme when they meet the earnings threshold on a one off basis eg as a result of a bonus?
- Q. I’m a new employer. What if I pay my staff less than £120 per week and/or don’t have a PAYE scheme. Does automatic enrolment still apply to me?
- Q. My school status has changed to an academy (or foundation school) - what does this mean for automatic enrolment?
- Q. Can we use source material from your website on our own websites?