This website requires cookies. Your browser currently has cookies disabled.

How do I pay a fine or fixed penalty notice?

If you have received a penalty notice, you can pay it using our secure online payment service. You will need your penalty notice reference for this (shown on the front of your notice).

Alternatively, you can pay by BACS/CHAPS transfer or by cheque. For BACS/CHAPS payments, please use the following details, quoting the Penalty notice number/s as a payment reference:

Sort code: 401403
Account no: 72526026
Bank: HSBC, 153 North Street, Brighton, BN1 1RE

Cheques should be made payable to ‘The Pensions Regulator’. Please write the Penalty notice number (as above) on the back of the cheque and send it to us at:

Automatic Enrolment Penalty Recovery Unit
The Pensions Regulator
PO Box 342

You can also pay online if we have not initiated court action at or via the touchtone facility by calling 0345 600 2475.

Find our more on our enforcement approach.

Was this information useful?

Please leave a comment

We are unable to respond to your comment, but your feedback is monitored and used to help us keep improving this website. Thank you for your feedback.