How do I appeal an enforcement notice?
You can apply for a review if you have received one of the following notices or penalties:
- compliance notice
- unpaid contributions notice
- third party compliance notice
- fixed penalty notice
- escalating penalty notice
- prohibited recruitment compliance notice
- prohibited recruitment penalty notice
You have 28 days from the date of issue of the notice or penalty to apply for a review.
If you miss the 28-day deadline, we may decide to carry out a review anyway if the information available to us (including any information supplied with your application) indicates that the notice may need to be varied, revoked or substituted and the review application was made within 18 months of the issue of the notice.
Find out more about applying for a review.