This website requires cookies. Your browser currently has cookies disabled.

How will I pay for the money to go into my personal care assistant’s pension?

If you receive money from your local authority or the NHS to pay your personal care assistant, the local authority or NHS should factor the cost of employing them into the money they pay you. This will include National Insurance contributions and any other costs that may arise.

The money you have to pay into a pension scheme under automatic enrolment is a cost of employing someone in the same way as having to pay employer National Insurance on their earnings. It’s for the local authority or NHS to decide the level of the payments they make to you. If you have questions about the money you receive, you should contact your local authority or NHS.

Use our online tool to understand the specific steps you need to take.


Was this information useful?