Does re enrolment apply to all my staff or just those that meet the age and earnings threshold?
On your chosen re-enrolment date, you’ll need to assess certain staff to work out if you need to put them back into your pension scheme.
You must assess staff who have:
- asked to leave (opted out of) your pension scheme
- left (ceased active membership of) your pension scheme after the end of the opt-out period
- stayed in your pension scheme – but chosen to reduce the level of pension contributions to below the minimum level
Staff you don't need to assess
You can leave out from your assessment any staff member who, on your re-enrolment date:
- is already in the pension scheme you use for automatic enrolment (a qualifying scheme)
- is aged 21 or under
- is at state pension age (SPA) or over
- has not yet had an automatic enrolment date (met the age and earnings criteria for automatic enrolment, or who has been postponed)
If you find that you don’t have any eligible staff to re-enrol, you’ll still need to re-declare your compliance.
Find out more about re-enrolment.
Did this answer your question?
Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.